Real Community, Real Experience, Real Learning
Hey you! Yeah, you! You sound like an emerging camp pro. You’ve got fewer than 5 years of professional camp experience, a lot of passion and know you have a lot to learn (but hey, we think that’s a good thing!).
The Summer Camp Society is a community learning program for people like you. It’s where fresh-thinking camp professionals from all over the country (and the world) can gather online and in-person to learn, philosophize, solve problems, and get better at our jobs...all so we can make more impact.
"The Summer Camp Society is a fantastic opportunity to meet people, brainstorm new ideas, receive mentoring from some awesome humans, and geek out about Camp, which is every camp person’s favorite activity. 10/10 would recommend to every Camp professional I know!”
- Alice Haefeli, Program Director,
Camp Wingate*Kirkland (Massachusetts)
And what you Will DO
1) Weekly collaborative online meetings each with a learning theme.
2) Weekly real life projects that will help you learn and help your camp improve.
3) Personal development and individual coaching.
4) In-person conference with 2.5 days of workshops, innovation and camaraderie. The fall semester retreat will be early December at an awesome (and brand-new!) camp less than 1 hour away from the Detroit Airport.
5) A lifelong community of emerging camp professionals *
****We can’t promise you’ll be emerging for life!****