By Lindsey Sigler, Camp Fern
2018 Spring Cohort Member
If you ever get the chance to have a conversation with Kellsie Sedlak, DO IT! She is the Group Manager at Cape Cod Sea Camps (CCSC) in Brewster, MA and she is very passionate about the camping industry, although she originally planned to pursue a career in marine biology. She spent 3 summers working at CCSC as a counselor and then went on to spend time at a zoo camp in Missouri where she was in charge of the reptile room (how cool?!) and then she worked at YMCA Camp Edwards in Wisconsin before returning to CCSC when the Group Manager job became available.
Kellsie has many hobbies that she partakes in like playing and coaching basketball and bike riding. In fact, I got to chat with her while she was at Disney World for the ½ marathon weekend. It did not take us long to realize that we had a lot in common, from the master’s program we are enrolled in to the position we play in basketball; who knows, you may have something in common with her too! I enjoyed our conversation so much that I forgot to write down a lot of what I was learning about her, BUT I did get the answers to my 10 favorite questions. If you are a fan of “Inside the Actors Studio” you will know exactly what’s coming (If you’ve never watched it you totally should!).
1. What is your favorite word? Dingus
2. What is your least favorite word? Can’t
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Emotions, she is very vulnerable to things.
4. What turns you off? Can’t
5. What is your favorite curse word? I’ll let you get to know her to find this one out – it’s a good one :-)
6. What sound or noise do you love? The ocean at high tide
7. What sound or noise do you hate? The screeching of knives against a plate
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Marine Biologist
9. What profession would you not like to do? Coroner or Petco rat cage cleaner
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I’m actually impressed