Front of the Room: Conferences to Staff Training
Season 2, Episode 22
Host Jack sits down with host EmJ AND host Allison to talk about talking at conferences. Meta? They dive deep into the (internal) struggle between having prepared visuals versus on the spot creating them, and draw many parallels to speaking at conferences and planning staff trainings. This includes: proactive versus reactive engagement and teaching, how to take audience questions, and starting things off with shared language and terms.
If you're looking for insight on how to think like a presenter and how it relates to staff training, this is the pod for you.
Producer EmJ's Takeaways:
- Think about the 3 most important things that need to happen or be learned during your session. Just do those really well.
- WHEN EVERYTHING IS A PRIORITY, NOTHING IS.
- Just give your speaker a little chuckle and head nod, it fuels them (read: Jack & EmJ).
Want more from Jack & Allison?
They're both hosting member-only cohorts! Join membership to unlock 2 six-week deep dive into specific topics with a community eager to learn along side you. This Spring , we're offering Staff Training Mechanics & Facilitation and Fundraising.
- TRAINING WITH TSCS
- Allison and Jack say "pedagogy" a few times. It means, "the method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept."
- Mid-Summer Check-In: Great template you could integrate into training week.
- Em'J The Management Center's "PTR"